Awards & Press
SNAIL OF APPROVAL
SLOW FOOD NYC
Last November, 2013, we received a @SlowFoodNYC Snail of Approval special recognition!
For us, it was an important acknowledgment because it represents the continuation of a journey that began in Italy many years ago: to support and to keep local food traditions and small producers alive.
Good, clean, and fair food for all.
L'Albero dei gelati, also has three "gelaterie" in Lombardy, and was awarded with several prestigious recognitions: "Oscar Quality and Courtesy - Gambero Rosso 2011", "Best Gelateria 2011- Il Golosario", and has also been featured in many distinguished magazines and newspapers.
(L'Albero dei gelati is) a company that embodies everything a real artisinal gelateria should be. Starting with the taste, this gelato is without a doubt amongst the best "small circle" in Italy (and therefore, in the world).
Carlin Petrini, Founder Slow Food Movement, from the Italian daily "La Repubblica"
- 18 Flavors of Gelato Coming to Crown Heights, PROSPECT HEIGHTS PACHT
- Best Whirlwind Trip to Italy, THE VILLAGE VOICE
- 30 migliori gelatierie della Lombardia, CORRIERECUCINA.IT, Barbara Giglioli
- Dalla Brianza il Cono Slow Food, IL GIORNALE, Jessica Bordoni
- Dolci Cremosi Vegetali al 100%, CUCINA NATURALE
- NYC's Wildest Ice Cream Flavors, NYCGO.com
- 15 NYC Ice Cream Spots Churning Out Interesting Flavors, TRAVEL + LEISURE
- NYC’s Italian Ice Cream, GAMBERO ROSSO (IT)
- NYC’s Best Italian Restaurants by Steven Casale, DAILY CANDY
- L'Albero Dei Gelati Makes Great Non-Dairy Ice Cream, SERIOUS EATS
- New Twists on Running Family Store by Anand Giridharadas, THE NEW YORK TIMES
- Traditional italian baking on the rise in Park Slope by Ariel Lauren Wilson, EDIBLE BROOKLYN
- Sweet and Savory Gelato at L'Albero dei Gelati by Krista Garcia, SERIOUS EATS
- Emphasis on Fresh, Local Ingredients at L'Albero dei Gelati, SERIOUS EATS
- Great New Places to Get Ice Cream During the August Heat, GRUB STREET
- Flavors you’ve never imagined by Steven Casale, DAILY CANDY
- Grand Opening: L’albero Dei Gelati Comes To Gowanus, WHERE YOU EAT BLOG
- New eats and drinks: l’Albero dei gelati by Liz & Mary Luisi, BROOKLYN EXPOSED
- Bringing Great Gelato and More to Park Slope, DIGEST NY
- L'Albero dei gelati by Leslie Albrecht, DNA INFO NEW YORK
- Blue Cheese Ice Cream and Bell Pepper Sorbet in Park Slope by Brendan Spiegel, BROOKLYN BASED
- Now Open: L’Albero dei Gelati, PARK SLOPE STOOP
- Open for Business: L'Albero dei gelati, HERE'S PARK SLOPE
- The city's latest (and craziest) gelato and ice cream, PURE WOW